Sunday, March 11, 2012

How Does This Happen?

Ok. This post has nothing to do with a specific book but more about the general story line of Star Wars. There are a few things that I simply DO NOT understand about this story in general. Now, I understand that there are Jedi and Sith and the force and lightsabers because none of those things exist in my world. I have no frame of reference so it is very easy to believe. But there are other things I cannot wrap my mind around because they don't even try to be realistic.

1. The planets: The way these authors describe these planets does not make any sense. For example, in Darth Bane #1 he states that there is only one town on the ENTIRE PLANET. There is no way that is true! Have you seen planet Earth? I live on planet Earth and you expect me to beleive that no matter where these characters go in space they land on the exact planet, in the exact spot, and find the exact right person they need to every time!? No, I cannot process that information knowing how many people are on planet Earth and how big it is. It makes no sense. That would be like landing in China and asking for me in America. Those little bastards have no idea who I am or where to even begin to look for me because they don't even have Facebook. No, I will not accept these menial descriptions. At least make it a little challenging for the characters to find the people they need.

2. The one-maned space crafts? Ok, here in America we have a little thing I like to call NASA and have you seen the spaceships that they put out to travel into SPACE? They don't like anything like a 747. Why? Because the atomosphere is completely different entering and exiting space so if you used the same airplane that you travel around the globe in there is no possible way that you could use that same aircraft to orbit the moon. You would die. So you are trying to tell me that Anakin can land his little speeder on his balcony and then turn around and travel to Mustafar? No way in hell.

I just feel like there are a lot of unexplained holes in this story. Now I know what you are saying, it's just a movie/book about a galaxy far far way a long long time ago but still it makes you wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment